There is a variety of insurance you may want to consider in relation to your children’s independent education −

    • School fees insurance (including cover against disruption of payment due to eg redundancy or marital breakdown);
    • Life insurance – yours and your child’s;
    • Health insurance (yours and your child’s – you will still be charged a term’s fees if your child can’t attend);
    • Dental emergency and accident insurance;
    • Accident disability insurance – eg for riding/rugby injuries;
    •  Property insurance for your child’s personal property.

Many schools have group insurance schemes with very favourable terms. If your school cannot help you, you can of course insure yourself individually but this may cost you more.