Magdalen College School
Founded in 1480 by William Waynflete as part of Magdalen College, it is located on a historic site in the heart of Oxford. Founded as a boys’ school, girls have been part of the sixth form since 2010; pupils also include 16 Magdalen College choristers. Recent improvements include a new teaching block, an up-to-date ICT centre and a sports complex with squash courts, sports hall and floodlit tennis courts. The school provides excellent pastoral care and there is a commitment to help pupils succeed both within and outside of the classroom. Teaching is very good and academic results are correspondingly very high. Music, art and drama are all strong. Sports are taken seriously and standards are high with county champions in rugby and hockey, as well as national champions in sailing in recent years. Teams also regularly progress to regional stages of national competitions. A large number of extra-curricular activities are offered, including the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. All pupils are involved in either the CCF or community service for two years.