Lady Eleanor Holles
Founded in the Cripplegate Ward of the City of London in 1711 under the will of Lady Eleanor Holles, daughter of the second Earl of Clare. In 1936 it moved to its current 33 acre site, comprising of modern buildings that are surrounded by gardens and playing fields. All sports facilities are on site. An extensive building programme has created many new facilities and the school is now very well equipped. Most recently a sports hall, new learning resources centre and boat house (joint with Hampton School) have been added. Academic standards are high and examination results are consistently excellent. Music is very strong, as is drama. A good range of sports and games are provided and standards are very high with representatives at county, regional and national level in many disciplines. There is much regular social and academic liaison with Hampton School next door. Commitment to local community services and a good record in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme. The school is also involved in Outward Bound, leadership and adventure courses, Make Poverty History, Model United Nations and Young Enterprise.