Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’
Founded in 1690 by the Worshipful Company of Haberdashers; the original buildings were opened at Hoxton in 1692. The school moved to Elstree in 1961 and, thirteen years later, the Haberdashers’ Aske’s School for Girls moved to the adjoining site. The two now occupy fine grounds and playing fields in green-belt country covering about 104 acres. With the exception of the original building (Aldenham House) all were purpose-built. The result is a modern school with splendid facilities set in fine parkland. Academic standards are very high and examination results are excellent. A high proportion of sixth-form leavers go on to Oxbridge. It is very strong in music, drama and art. There is also much strength in sports and games. The 45 clubs and societies cater for most interests. Some extra-curricular activities are shared with the girls’ school.