Founded in 1896, it is set in 33 acres of beautiful parkland on the outskirts of Horsham. The main building, formerly a country house, is part Jacobean and part Georgian. There have been a number of recent additions, including purpose-built science and prep school buildings, a sports hall, a sixth form centre and a nursery. An excellent all-round education is provided and examination results are very good. A large staff permits a staff:pupil ratio of about 1:8. The music, PE, drama and art departments are very active. A good range of sport and games, with notable success particularly in riding, hockey and netball. It has an excellent record in the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme and the Young Enterprise Scheme.