Founded in 1811 in Lewisham, the school moved to Caterham in 1884. It stands in 80 acres of delightful grounds in a wooded valley of the North Downs, south of London. In 1995 the school became fully co-educational, after taking girls in the sixth form for 15 years. The prep school has its own buildings and staff. The senior school has very pleasant modern buildings and excellent facilities with more planned. It is a family school with Christian values. Academic standards are high and examination results very good. The school also aims to develop the whole person, to equip pupils with necessary information skills and to think independently, so they leave ready for life at university and beyond. The drama, music and creative arts departments are strong. 18 sports are offered over the year and standards are high in the major games – rugby, netball, lacrosse, cricket and hockey (many county representatives). Both the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme and the CCF are thriving and there are around 35 clubs and societies for co-curricular activities. Pastoral care is a key feature.