Founded in 1553, a development of a medieval charity school and one of the founding schools of the HMC in 1869. Its site comprises 100 acres of beautiful grounds and very attractive buildings, near the centre of Bromsgrove and half an hour from both Birmingham and Stratford-on-Avon. It has strong links with Worcester College, Oxford, through an endowment by the founder of Worcester. Its modern facilities are excellent and there have been many major developments in recent years including a new library and resources centre, an art, design and technology building, humanities building, science facilities and boarding accommodation. A sense of family (in the Christian tradition) is regarded as of prime importance; the Chapel is in regular use. Originally a boys’ school, girls were first accepted in 1976 and it is now fully co-educational. The school provides a wide range of opportunities for its pupils and its well-organised pastoral system encourages pupils to identify and develop their talents to the full. Examination results are very good. Music, drama and art are all strong and well supported. There is considerable strength, too, in sports and games (a large number of representatives at county, regional and national level). Thirty or more clubs and activities cater for most extra-curricular activities. There is great emphasis on outdoor pursuits linked with a vigorous CCF contingent and a thriving Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme. Local community service is an important feature of the school life.