Founded 1948, having been purchased by the Society of Old Framlinghamians as a memorial to those who gave their lives in two world wars. The main building dates back to the sixteenth century, standing in its own 26-acre grounds on the banks of the river Deben. It has always accepted boys and girls. It offers a balanced curriculum and a good range of activities. Each pupil has a dedicated tutor. The school aims to allow pupils to develop an appetite and zest for life, flourishing into well-rounded, well-mannered and successful young people. Most pupils go on to Framlingham College.