Founded in 1860 and given to the Woodard Corporation in 1896. It has a very agreeable setting in the village of Bloxham, between Banbury and Oxford and close to the M40. Its handsome buildings of local stone lie in 60 acres of gardens and playing fields. There is comfortable modern accommodation and facilities include a fine music school, art school, IT suites and technology centre (all pupils from Year 10 are issued with a laptop). An Anglican foundation, the chapel acts as a focus for the school but pupils of other faiths are welcomed and special arrangements can be made for them to attend their own churches. Girls have been admitted to the sixth form since the early seventies and the school became fully co-educational in 1998. A sound general education is provided and examination results are good. Drama, sport, music, technology and art are well catered for. A wide range of sports and games is available and there are numerous extra-curricular activities. Each pupil has the option of training with the CCF and the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is popular.